I feed frozen mysis and brine mix. 50/50
I feed at least 2 times a day if not 3. I also add a quarter sheet of dried nori every other day.
In some cases I also feed live bloodworms.
Step by step Acclimation procedure
- After receiving the package please inspect the box and bags for damage
- Please check all bags and make sure fish arrived alive.
- After checking please float all unopened bags in your sump or tank for temperature acclimation. Float for 20-30 min.
- After temp acclimation, release all livestock in a bucket along with transport water.
- Check salinity of the transport water and tank water.
If salinity is within 1 point:
After temperature acclimation simply release fish to your tank
If salinity is within 2 points:
After temperature acclimation, release all fish and transport water into a bucket.
Take out 25% transport water and discard it. Replace it with same amount of tank water or new saltwater.
Wait 10 min and repeat the water exchange again. After exchange wait 10 min. Check the salinity and it should be within 1 point and you can choose to either release them into tank or do another exchange if there are very sensitive fish in the mix.
If salinity is more than 3 points:
Do all the steps above and keep replacing transport water with new saltwater or tank water giving 10 min in between till salinity is a match.
Note: For sensitive fish and inverts it’s best to drip acclimate over 30-45 min or longer if salinity is off more than 3 points.
Also keep an eye on ammonia and place some sort of water movement or air stone in the bucket.